Sunday, January 13, 2008

new favorites

I have a few new things I love: Iron and Wine, and the movie Once.

Iron and Wine's album The Shepherd Dog is amazing. Every single song on it is the kind of song you can't help but replay every time you hear it. Plus, I found out last night that Iron and Wine is coming to Calvin in April (needless to say, Meredith and I screamed when we found out). So not only am I fully enjoying their new album, but I will actually get to see them live (and for only 5 dollars!).

My second new thing is the movie Once. Calvin showed it last night, and it was so good. It's the most unusual, funky, atypical movie/musical. I can't even describe it. It's sort of a musical/romance movie, but so much richer than that. The music in the movie was fantastic, but it was so natural and unassuming, that I loved it even more. The whole film was very simple and understated, but that doesn't even begin to describe it. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to get the soundtrack (my roommate is getting it).

No comments: