Monday, October 15, 2007

a surprise & a lament

It seems that I've been doing a great many things I never would have pegged myself doing these days. Last weekend I went hiking. This weekend, we had our dorm retreat and I slept under the stars on a boat dock with one blanket in 35 degree weather. Voluntarily. Am I going crazy? Maybe. All I can say is that I am constantly surprising myself. Who knows? I'll probably end up buying a tarantula next week.

On a quieter note, I went to the Apple Store on Friday, and my ipod is broken for sure. I had that ipod for over four years. It was a very good friend of mine. And it will be missed. When I was at the Apple Store, all the guys at the Genius Bar crowded around and peered at my ipod in awe of its excellent condition. They had a hard time believing that an ipod could look that great after four years. The upside is that I get 10 percent off a new ipod if I recycle my old one. Birthday present, anyone?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

When you get that tarantula, please don't bring it home...I'm not feeling quite as expansive as you are and would probably only experience terror.

Amy said...

Teresa! I saw your myspace blog saying you had created this. I decided to make one too... haha. And... don't let the tarantuala loose on me! :-P

Mayor of Michael Delving said...

off subject, but...
can you believe this?!
it's not true, of course, but it's funny that j.k.r. thinks so! she doesn't know her characters very well.
http://lookingcloser.wordpress.com/2007/10/20/dumbledore-is-gay/
(this is whit, btw.)

Sarah said...

I'm with you, Whit. Dumbledore sure wasn't gay in the books that I read.